Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Moist Treacle Gingerbread

Moist Treacle Gingerbread page 74
My cake came out exactly if not better than the one shown in the book. I did make some adjustments by adding an extra small egg and tablespoon of flour to compensate for the egg. I used Golden Syrup as I didn't have treacle.
The cake is moist, soft and well balanced in flavour. Easy to do dry ingredients in one bowl mixed with the wet ingredients. Easy to do by hand or with a hand held beater. I used my pre loved aluminium  loaf pan that I picked up at the Salvos for $1.00  11cm x 24cm Plus I ensured it was well lined and to get an even spread of heat I wrapped a bake strip around the outside of the tin (this ensures a more level rising cake)
 
 The mixture itself is quite wet and I was worried that it wouldn't rise that well but it did. I give it 5 stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment